With the days lengthening and weather warming, spring is a good time to get outdoors and tackle some larger home projects and prepare your home for summer.
- Change HVAC Filters
- Clean and inspect window screens for any damage - a little work now will keep pests from inside your home
- Look for moisture in the basement and crawl space - leaks in the spaces can be costly
- Trim brush around the HVAC unit and clean the coils if necessary
- Inspect the washing machine hose for cracks and dryer vent for lint buildup
- Inspect the air ducts for buildup and possible mold, allergens and debris
- Inspect your gutters and downspouts for damage and debris
- Trim trees and shrubs that are near your house
- Inspect caulking around doors and windows for damage or wear
- Inspect wooden decks, railings, windowsills and steps for any rot
- Pressure wash patios, decks, driveway/walkways, and outdoor furniture
- Inspect your outdoor sprinklers if necessary for any damage
- Clean debris from foundation vents and window wells
Spring is the perfect time to do some home maintenance. Routine home maintenance can save you the headaches of costly repairs that could be avoided. It can also help you prepare and budget for any future repairs or upgrades. Care for your home and the surrounding property, and it will continue to keep you and your family safe and comfortable. Check this list off every spring to prolong the life of your home’s building materials, landscaping, appliances and more.
Stop by our Preferred Vendors page should you need any assistance with any repairs or cleaning or maintenance.